Mixed Berry Paleo Cupcakes
Did you know that many store bought cupcakes contain really unnecessary ingredients that are really harmful to your health.
Often they will contain additives, preservatives, artificial colours, thickeners, toxic seed and/or vegetable oils, artificial flavours and loads of white sugar, not to mention heavily over processed grains. All of these ingredients add up to a complete chemical shit storm in your body and if you are sensitive to gluten like I am, that’s a whole extra level of inflammation you are inviting in.
We have been eating nutrient dense foods for quite some time now and these cupcakes have been my latest creation and the kids are loving them. They are so yummy and super easy to make + you can avoid all of those unnecessary ingredients.
These muffins are paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
You will need:
- 3 cups of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of coconut flower nectar or pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp Baking powder (aluminium free)
- 1/3 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
What you need to do:
- Line a 12 x capacity muffin pan with non toxic paper cases. (The If You Care brand is great) and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl leaving out the mixed berries
- Mix well
- Add berries to mix and slowly fold into the mix
- Scoop mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cases
- Pop in oven for 20-25 minutes until the top has started to turn golden brown
- Serve immediately (ultra yummy with some ghee or butter on top) or leave to cool
Enjoy and don’t forget to take a pic and tag me on instagram (@amyinneshealth) so I can see your yummy creations too 😍