Chilli, Mushroom and Chicken dish
I’m all about simple meals – even more so now that I am 35 weeks pregnant.
Who has time to spend hours in the kitchen? I know I certainly don’t lol.
However the biggest thing I have learnt in my journey to eating wholefoods is that making simple meals does not mean that you have to compromise on taste.
This dish is great, so quick and easy to whip up, but still so very tasty! It is the perfect accompaniment to your favourite salad.
This recipe will serve 2 people
What you need:
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 x chicken breast
1 cup of mushrooms sliced
1x large red chilli finely chopped (you can remove seeds if you prefer a more mild heat)
1 teaspoon of peeled and finely chopped ginger
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon honey
1tablespoon of soy or gluten free tamari sauce
What you need to do:
- Heat coconut oil on a medium heat in a saucepan
- Add chicken breast and cook until browned
- Turn down to a low heat and add mushrooms, ginger, chilli, garlic, soy and honey.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked, stirring to ensure that it does not burn. Note: you may want to add a dash of water if it is starting to burn
- Serve with your favourite salad and enjoy!