This recipe is really simple and easy- perfect for a mid week dinner. The best part is you can make a huge batch and it is perfect to take for lunches or freeze in batches ready to defrost for a quick meal.
What you need:
Tbsp of coconut oil
1 large onion chopped into small pieces
1 finely chopped garlic clove
1 kg of organic beef mince
1 can of crushed tomatoes
2 heaped tbsp of tomato paste
1x large carrot
2x celery stalks
2x squash (optional)
1x red capsicum
Tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- Chop all vegies into small cubes
- Heat coconut oil in sauce pan on low heat
- Add onion and garlic and cook until slightly browned
- Add mince and stir together until mince is browned
- Add carrot and celery, tomato paste, crushed tomato, salt, pepper and spices simmer for 10 mins
- Add remaining soft vegies stir and simmer for an additional 5 mins or until vegies are cooked.
- Serve and enjoy
Note: if the mince is starting to stick to the bottom of the pan, add a small amount of water and stir through. Also feel free to use whatever vegetable you have available in the fridge, I often cook this meal to use up all my vegetables that need to be eaten that day.