Dairy Free and Gluten Free Vegetable Frittata
I love frittata, so I have been messing around with a few recipes and I came up with this one. It is really yummy and super simple to make.
What your need:
-Tsp of coconut oil
-1 cup pumpkin chopped into chunks
-1 small sweet potato chopped into chunks
-1 carrot chopped
-1 zucchini chopped into small pieces
-2 kale leaves roughly chopped and stalks removed
-1 tomato chopped
-1/2 cup peas
-1/2cup coconut milk
-tsp turmeric powder
-2 tsp cumin powder
-tsp dried basil
-tsp dried smoked paprika
-tsp Himalayan sea salt
What you need to do.
- Preheat oven to 180degrees.
- Prepare and chop vegetables.
- Boil a pot of water on the stove
- Add carrots, sweet potato and pumpkin to boiling water and cook until vegetables are soft
- While the vegetable are cooking on the stove, use the coconut oil to lightly grease an oven proof dish. I use a 28x21cm dish as pictured.
- In a bowl mix together eggs, coconut milk, herbs, spices, salt and pepper.
- Once vegetables are soft, drain the water and place the vegetables at the bottom of the oven proof dish.
- Add remaining vegetables on top of the cooked vegetables.
- Pour the egg mix over the vegetables in dish and then press vegetable down with a spatula to ensure there are no air bubbles.
- Bake in oven for 45min
- Once cooked leave to settle for 5 mins then serve and enjoy.