Coconut Blueberry Muffins
Our family has quite a few intolerances so it can be a challenge to find yummy things we can all enjoy. So when I create a winning treat in the kitchen I can’t help but share it with you because I know many of you also struggle to find easy healthy recipes.
These coconut flour blueberry muffins are paleo, gluten, grain and dairy free!
I’ve been experimenting a lot recently with coconut flour and tapioca starch and I’ve fallen in love with this recipe 😍
It makes 12 muffins and they also freeze well.
If you have not heard of these 2 flours coconut flour it is simply dried and ground coconut and tapioca is a starch that is extracted from the storage roots of the cassava plant, both are usually available from your local organic shop or Woolworths.
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons virgin coconut oil melted
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoons coconut blossom syrup or honey
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease 12 muffin cups with coconut oil or line with paper liners and set pan aside.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except blueberries
- Once combined stir in blueberries
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups, filling each evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to completely cool in fridge, Serve and enjoy.
Tip: These are best served chilled as they can be a bit soft if served warm.
When you give this recipe a go make sure you let me know what you think ❤️ Hope your family loves them as much as we do! 😋