No Bake Raw Peppermint Slice
This no bake raw peppermint slice is amazing! It has to be my favourite creation so far.
The best thing about this awesome slice is the secret ingredient – VEGGIE POWDER! This slice tastes so awesome that you cannot even tell there are sneakily hidden greens- perfect! You can choose to use any green veggie powder- I chose to use Vital Just Greens Vegie powder as this is what I had in the cupboard. This has a mix of organic kale, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, barley grass and wheat grass.
This slice also has no hidden nasties and is made from real ingredients, which makes it an awesome treat for the whole family.
What you need:
½ cup cashews
½ cup of pecans
1 cup of organic desiccated coconut
6 medjool dates
1 tablespoon cacao
½ cup medjool dates soaked in 1/4 cup water for 1-2 hours prior but do not drain
½ teaspoon green veggie powder
1.5 cups of organic desiccated coconut
½ cup cashews
10 drops of organic food grade peppermint oil
1 tablespoon honey or rice malt syrup
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1.5 tablespoons of cacao powder
3 tablespoons of honey or rice malt syrup
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
What you need to do:
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Using a high powered blender or food processor (I used my Thermomix) blend all of the ingredients needed for the base until they are well combined. Note: the consistency should allow the mixture to stick together when pressed- if this is not happening add a few more dates.
- Press the mixture firmly into the lined loaf tin as evenly as possible. Pop into fridge to set for 15minutes.
- Next clean you blender/ food processor ready for the filling.
- Blend all of the filling ingredients until well combined ensuring the green colour from the vegie powder is evenly mixed.
- Press into loaf tin on top of base and pop in freezer while you make the chocolate topping.
- On a low heat combine the coconut oil, cacao powder and honey/rice malt syrup.
- Grab the loaf tin out of the freezer and pour the chocolate topping evenly over the filling.
- Pop into the freezer immediately to set for 1-2 hours.
- Once set pull out of the freezer and slice into squares, then put into a freezer proof container and store in the freezer ready to eat at any time.
- Enjoy xx