The most delicious Vegan Gluten Free Raw Cake
If you struggle to find a yummy vegan gluten free cake recipe- look no further.
Yesterday we celebrated my lovely sister in laws 30th birthday. With so many different eating requirements I know it can sometimes be a challenge to create something that everyone can enjoy.
Our family is gluten and dairy free and my sister in law is vegan. I wanted to make her a really yummy cake that she could enjoy as I know how nice it feels when someone considers your food requirements.
I used to get so sad when I saw the disappointment on my kids faces when can’t eat normal cakes at parties (my son especially gets such a sore tummy and ends up on the toilet all arvo as it really effects him.) So I now bring treats or this cake (in a cupcake version) to every event so the kids can indulge without a reaction.
Tip: You can also make this cake into cupcake by using silicone cupcake moulds ❤️❤️
-1.5cups of roasted almonds
-1 tablespoon of cacao powder
-2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
-¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
-1 cup of deseeded and chopped medjool dates
-2 cups of, cashew nuts soaked for at least 4 hours then drained
-1 cup of date paste (recipe below)
-1 cup of water
-½ cup of melted coconut oil
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-¼ teaspoon of salt
-3tablespoons of cacao powder
-Flowers or leaves, vegan choc drops and bliss balls/protein balls or whatever else you fancy to decorate
To prepare this recipe in time for an event I recommend making cake the day before to make sure you allow enough time for soaking dates and cashews and then enough time to set cake in fridge/freezer as per recipe below. On the day of the event I take cake out of freezer in the morning, decorate and then by the afternoon it’s ready to serve.
To make the Date paste
- Soak 1 cup of deseeded dates in ½ cup water for at least 30-60min.
- Blend both dates and liquid until smooth
To make the crust
- Process all ingredients except for the dates in a food processor until they are really well combined (I used my thermomix on speed 9). Add dates and continue to blend until the dates are mixed well. The mixture should hold well when you squeeze small portion in your hand, it should not break apart/crumble easily. If the mixture seems too dry add a few more dates.
- Prepare an 18 cm spring form pan by coating inside in coconut oil.
- Press base mixture firmly into pan evenly ensuring there are no air pockets then set aside in fridge to set.
To make the filling
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into spring form pan over the base evenly
- Decorate with flowers, bliss balls or whatever you fancy.
- Pop in Fridge to set over night
- When ready to decorate remove pan, decorate and enjoy.
Tip: you can freeze cake if you are attending an event which doesn’t have facilities to keep cool which will keep cake cool enough until it’s ready to serve.
Make sure you let me know when you give this recipe a go and tag me at @amyinneshealth so I can see your creations